Monday, September 22, 2008

Why Didn't I Write That?

I read this lovely book this weekend.

The Book of Jane by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt

Nathan Bransford, Literary Agent, listed this book as one he wished he agented. Well, now I wish I wrote it. The book is so beautiful. I didn't want the book to end. There are not many books that I can say that about. I devoured this book. I can only hope to incite the same reaction in others.

The book is a modern re-telling of the Book of Job. As a side note, who knew there was Christian Chick Lit?

What I love about this book is how inspiring it is. The main character loses everything but is still able to retain her faith. Like most chick lit books it helps you remember that sometimes things do work out, in real life it just takes longer than 300 pages.

No comments: